Question Need help with Humax PVR 9300T

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Metechnaphobe, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Metechnaphobe

Metechnaphobe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using a Humax PVR 9200T for years but when it developed an intermittent problem I have replaced it with the Humax PVR 9300T. Being a technophobe I put the PVR 9300T on top of the other one and carefully switched all the cables straight from one to the other - using the scart socket to a fairly old plasma tv. Everything seemed to work fine...downloaded channel search etc. I picked a channel which showed on my tv display and on the led display on the recorder but then the error message 'No or bad signal' came up on the screen. The manual states that in order to fix, the aerial needs adjusting. I have a newish roof aerial which has always given a very good signal and was certainly ok for the 9200T. I would have to get someone in to adjust it but can't really believe that this will solve the problem as there was no signal issue with the older machine. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Many thanks, Jan

2. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,331
    Is the "no signal" message from the TV or the 9300? With the "no signal" message on screen remove the scart plug from 9300 -- if message disappers then it is from 9300 AND if message remains it is the TV complaining about no signal on the scart inpuy. Come back with result. Turn mains off on TV and 9300 before reconnecting scart plug

3. Metechnaphobe

Metechnaphobe
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Many thanks for your answer. Having removed the scart plug from the 9300, the 'no or bad signal' message disappears from the tv screen. The signal was fine with the old machine using the same scart lead. Are you able to offer any further assistance?

4. davemurgatroyd2

davemurgatroyd2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,331
    Does the TV have an analogue (Freeview) tuner? If so plug the aerial lead into the TV and tune the TV in - if you get channels ten there is no problem with your aerial and the 9300 is looking faulty.AND if no channels are found then your aerial or cabling from it is faulty. Simple diagnosis.