need help with hooking up laptop please!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ectogamat, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Ectogamat

Ectogamat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there I am pretty sure this isn't the correct place to put this but oh well

I was hoping somebody could help me with regards to setting up my laptop with my tv.
    I have just purchased an HP dv9590ea which has an HD screen, an HD dvd rom and an HDMI port (it says connector but i think that means port)
    now i have the samsung LE26.. something that has an hdmi port as well... now if i were to play the hd dvd 'transformers' say on my laptop and wanted to watch it on the bigger screen. would i just plug in an hdmi cable into each socket. letting the screen on the laptop run as well as watchin it on the tv...

i hope u understand all the rubbish i just chatted and look forward to hearing from someone...

cheers in advance

2. pythagoras

pythagoras

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Thats right, you may have to hit a few function keys to activate the hdmi port and disable the laptop screen, assuming you dont want both active at the same time.

Regards

John.

3. Ectogamat

Ectogamat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

ok cheers buddy.. i was just wondering if that function was available on any laptop... so i am guessin it will just be in the manual...

cheers then mate

4. NedZeppelin

NedZeppelin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just bought this laptop too. Does anyone know if it will be possible to pass a 1080p60 signal through to the screen?

5. Silver Arrow

Silver Arrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi guys

I hope the function keys remain the same across brands, I have a Sony AR21 with Blu ray. The screen switch is on Function F7. It did take a bit of larking about to get properly set up though (perhaps my incompetence...)

Cheers

Andy