Need help with Home Theater Setup

obinna12

Novice Member
So currently i have a pair of powered (Active) Bang and Olufsen Beolab 9 speakers which i plan to use as front speakers. I want to get a receiver with at least 2 pre-out channels for them since they're powered. Additionally id like the receiver to have phono in, analog to HDMI video conversion (For SNES) and HDMI ARC (future Ultrashort throw 4k projector). I wont be adding a subwoofer because the Beolab 9's have plenty of bass. Now i was planning on getting the Yamaha TSR-7850R since it meets all those requirements but more importantly it also has Musiccast surround ability. So on those days where i'd want a little surround sound (in this case 4.0 (???)) i could use 2 musiccast 20's as wireless rears. Is this feasible from the receiver stand point? (in other words would it matter than i dont have a central channel and a sub?/ if there a way to have all the sound go only to those speaker terminals plugged in?). I don't want wired rears.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom