need help with harmony 555 (im new)

mx0range

Standard Member
hello. been browsing the forum for a while and thought id sign up.

so, i recently bought a harmony 555 remote and its doing my head in. iv looked through some old threads and iv seen alot of other people post with the same problem/s but iv not seen anything to say how to fix it, only that its an 'activity'

anyway, i presumed that by pressing devices and selecting for example tv, i could then control the tv. and to an extent i can, but if i press the power button to turn the tv off, it turns everything off!

the only way i can see how to get around this is by endlessly scrolling through the menu to find 'toggle power'

also, while listening to cd's etc, im having to switch between the amp to set volume and back again to skip tracks.

so how the fudge do i set this remote up :lease:
the original av amp remote would control both no probs, both devices are sony.

edit: with much faffing around i think iv finally got this thing figured out.. for now anyways

Last edited:

logiciel

The way you set it up is to start again where you left off, which was less than halfway through!
After you set up devices the idea was to combine them into those activities - in each one to specify which device is to do what - display video, change channels, control volume, play disks, etc - and each group of buttons within each activity would then have given you control of the relevant devices, without all that switching backwards and forwards between the devices.

logiciel

OK, though all the main functions should have been automatically assigned to their appropriate buttons so that very little Customising would have been necessary.
For other users who may see this thread - select the manual method of setting up Activities not the automatic, select the correct type and sub-type of Activity, and specify the correct devices for the basic functions.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom