1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Halo 2

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by loadsofleads, May 21, 2005.

1. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok guys, currently fighting the covenant on Halo 2, I am on the hardest setting and still at the start. I am at the point where they are 'boarding' through tunnels. I am killing them but still they swarm through. The voiceover says that 'you need to destroy the landing craft, or they will just keep coming through' ?? Destroy what exactly. I have tried lobbyng grenades into the 'tunnels' but still they come. Am I missing something :confused:

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    I'm making some assumptions here :D :

Your a madman!!!! Halo/Halo 2 on Legendary is suicide!!! :eek: knock it down to normal and try from there, if you really think your good try "heroic" then move the legendary. :D

I've completed Halo 2 about 7 times now and i've only managed a couple of levels on legendary. Its a war of attrition - its ****ing hard work! :eek:

Gary

3. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, I know.... the gimps are harder than a ****** para. I have done it once on normal but I always feel the need to beat every game on the hardest settting or 'I haven't had my moneys worth' :rotfl:
    Any help with the 'boarding craft' situation, or is it just a matter of killing everything that comes through until they stop (If I have enough weapons that is...)

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    its the same as you did on normal except that they now have almost psychic AI. just keep firing and shooting until they are all dead. i think i'd do it on heroic before legendary.

Good luck :smashin:

Gary

5. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,275
    Not exactly sure where you are.

I completed Halo on Legendary, that was hard.

I completed Halo 2 on Heroic (I don't use the easier 2 levels) but Halo 2 on Legendary is so fecking hard I had to give up.

I plan to attempt it again whne I get myself a nice new (Large) tv.

Got stuck on the first level in some kind of hanger where theres about 25 elites to kill (many dual wielding :eek: ) and you only have a finite amount of grenades.

So hard that after about 3 days of trying on that one checkpoint, I gave up for fear of smashing my console/controller/tv!

6. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    See taffy!! told you it was hard :D

Gary

7. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Bungie themselves have admitted that Halo 2, at certain points, is too difficult.
    From what I can remember they were all on the first area - leaving the ship.
    I have played through Halo on Legendary but the sequel was just too difficult just trying to get off the ship.
    It does get easier after that but not by much!

8. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,275
    Well if that's true, I can take heart in the fact that I might start to make progress if I can go of the ******* ship :D

I'm leaving it till I get my new (larger) (32"-50") TV though..

Kind of hoping that If I play this on a big screen it might be a touch easier than squinting at my 29" 4:3 :confused:

9. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think we are stuck at exactly the same spot domtheone. In one of the hangars, they keep popping out of a boarding tunnel, I swear, they're poping out like eastern europeans in the chunnel. Killed at least ten elites and numerous 4ft nothings but I literally run out of ammunition. At one point all I had was a melee weapon which I used to charge 6 elites, sadly I didn't survive :rotfl:

10. domtheone

domtheone
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,275
    LMAO :D :D :D

Colud be the same spot.

My nephews (who are very good, even better than me ;) had trouble but did it eventually.

Got to make the most of the grenades you get and stick as many elites as you can.

Also, they told me that they had to lure an elite out from the main group and kill him with duel wielding guns. Full blast with the green laser thingy gun (can't remmeber what it's called!) which reduces their shield, then pump them full of lead with the machine gun.

Your right though that so many elites come out of that tunnel.

Yo get a wave of half a dozen then 5 minutes later another lot come through, then another :eek:

I want to get back to this but only when I get my new telly (although Halo 3 will probably out on Xbox 360 by then :()................ :thumbsup:

11. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    That's the place, one of them anyway.
    As you mention it's running out of ammo that becomes the problem.