Question Need help with floor standing speakers choice as in a dilemma

Waynester

Hi guys

bought a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze 6’s Floorstanders back in May this year, at the time I really wanted them in White to match my TV unit but couldn’t find any anywhere! Spent months looking 🙄 decided to bite the bullet and bought a pair of Walnut coloured ones at Audio T, I really can’t fault them and weeks and weeks after enjoying them, I then spotted a pair of white ones at Peter Tysons online, typical! they had 10 pairs left in stock... I now have a guy wanting to buy my Walnut ones this week for a great price ..
ive emailed a few companies today and nope, all out of stock again eveywhere🤦‍♂️ They are now Discontinued 🤣🤣🤬🤬

I cannot afford the NEW Monitor Audio Bronze 500’s that have replaced the 6’s as they cost almost £800!! are there any other speakers as good as the Bronze 6’s or new 500’s around £550 max? They have to be White and yes I want floorstanders still lol!! maybe a different make and model?

will be using them as part of my 5.1 home cinema setup and listening to music on them

my current setup is

Panasonic TX-55CX802 TV

1 x Denon AVR-X2200W

2 x Monitor Audio Bronze 6

(For Main front speakers)

1 x Monitor Audio Bronze Centre

1 x Q Acoustics 3070S Subwoofer

2 x Q Acoustics 3010 on their stands

(For rear surrounds)

1 x Marantz CD63 MkII KI Signature CD Player

1 x Pioneer BDP-180 Blu Ray Player

Attachments

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Haha. I know the feeling if picking good deal, but the finish is wrong. It can come haunt you..

There is QA 3050i new refurb pair in mint shape at PT for 469£. But you would have to AGAIN swap the center channel then.

Another option if you are not picky with few marks there is white pair of KEF Q750 for 550£ at SSAV. Normal price is 1100£, these are ex-display. Very good price depending how noticeable the marks are.

Waynester

I don’t like the QA 3050i, don’t like the look of em, they wont have as much bass as my Bronze 6’s...

as for the KEF Q550, I wanted these speakers before the Bronze 6🤣 but again they won’t be as bassy (comparing specs) unless I’ve gotten all of the above wrong 🤣

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
It´s the Q750 i linked and it`s similar sized to B6s with 6,5" drivers and passive radiators. Also the QA 3050i should have similar amount of bass than B6s. If you read reviews that side and dynamics shouldn´t be lacking. Would be easy to listen them at any RS store, but if you don`t like the looks..

Waynester

Would love to know how the Kef Q750 compare to the Bronze 6, love a nice full deep bass and good mids and highs... difficult to tell without trying em🤣🤦‍♂️

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom