1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with ffdshow and media player classic

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by indigo0086, Feb 1, 2004.

1. indigo0086

indigo0086

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off, hello everyone, I'm new and am glad I found a place that is made for these types of inquiries.

Second off, I have a Computer for my pc, nothing super. I have an athalon xp 1800 with 512mb ram, and I recently installed an ati Radeon 9600XT card. I have mainly been using Powerdvd, but since i have a radoen, I figured I might delve into somethign I was weary with doing in my Nvidia days.

If you didn't know there is a player called Media Player Classic, and while I mainly use it for my regular video files, I have tested it using it for dvds, but getting unstable results for some reason. Now that I use it with my new card, it seems faster than powerdvd. Now when i had my nvidia card, when I tested playing a dvd on it, it used ffdshow to encode the video, which I have heard many people saying that it is very powerful to use ffdshow/radeon/media player classic combo. I m trying to enable ffdshow for the dvds, but cannot get it to show up. Anyone know a way to use it.

I mainly want to do this so I can use dscaler and postprocessing on dvds to give optimum results.

thanks for listening.

2. indigo0086

indigo0086

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one has done this before?