need help with epson LCD please

doubledrat

Standard Member
Hello everyone

I have an Epson projector (EMP-tw200) which until recently I have been using on S. video with no problems at all. Recently, I have been feeding it an RGB signal and it has developed a problem. Every time I have a "whiteout" on the picture e.g. bright explosions etc the picture breaks up and disappears for about two seconds. Does anybody have any idea what might cause this, or more importantly what I can do about it?

Cheers,

Bob

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Sounds like it's getting a high voltage sync where the image is all-white. Just a guess, but if it's Sky or DVD try going into the setup menu and lowering contrast (for Sky I usually use LOW).

doubledrat

Standard Member
liam: thanks for the suggestion, I will try that. I guess I should also mention that I am using a J. S. technologies RGB converter with a cable run of approximately 10 metres. (van damme cable)

NonPayingMember

Previously Liam @ Prog AV
Oh maybe not then. Still worth dropping the contrast though just in case!

Lucas

Do you have panasonc 31 digibox? I have one and get the same result when using RGB.

Apparently there is a design flaw where when the signal is low and RGB is enabled, it draws too much current and the sensitivity of the tuner goes up resulting in picture break up in high brightness/bitrate scenes. This happens on normal TVs as well. So it is not your PJ.

I fixed mine by installing a larger dish.

Top Bottom