1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with creating DIY HiFi Mains Powerblock

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Hefner, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Hefner

Hefner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking to make myself my own DIY power distribution block, similar to what Russ Andrews sells and similar to something like what StooMonster made.

See here for StooMonster's

I want to use the MK double trunking (possibly in black) with 4 x MK Double unswitched sockets with a 1 x MK Single unswitched socket. The single socket I intend to use for a Russ Andrews Silencer that I already have. The mains lead will be captive with a MK toughplug on the end.

I intend on using Supra LoRad 2.5 mains cable to wire this all up, would that be ok? Would that be sufficient for all the sockets do you think? Would using Russ Andrews Hi-Fi Ring Main wire be better for the internal wiring do you perhaps?

From what I can tell, I will basically be making a spur cicuit onto my mains ring. So all the sockets will be just daisy-chained up

Something like this?

Wall Socket---MK Double Socket---MK Double Socket---MK Double Socket---MK Double Socket

Thanks for the help in advance