need help with connection problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by markj40, Mar 17, 2006.

1. markj40

markj40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i hope someone can help me, yesterday i purchased the denon dm51 2.1 home cinema system. it outputs rgb,s-video and composite from the main av1 scart socket. As i have only 1 rgb scart on my sammy le26 i thought i would go down the s-video route as i didn't really want to use a scart spliiter as i feel my sky picture would suffer. so i brought a scart to s-video lead with the red and white phono leads attached, i changed the output setting on the denon to s-video out, but when i change scorce to s-video on tv it says no signal being recieved, ive tried playing a dvd and still nothing, am i doing something wrong,getting very frustrated if anyone can help i will be eternally greatfull....thanks

mark

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    It could be that the cable you have bought, is for sending signals from an s-video socket to a scart socket, rather than from a scart socket to an s-video socket. Unlike scart scockets (if fully wired), s-video sockets don't send signals in both directions.

3. markj40

markj40

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Firstly thank you for replying to to my question, secondly i am such a d1ck, after reading your reply i looked at the lead again and the packaging to see if i had got the right one and for the first time i noticed a little switch on the back of the scart and to cut a long story short,flicked the switch forward and hay prestow bobs yur uncle it works a treat, now my rgb for sky doesn't need to be shared, and ive just tried a dvd and its not too bad..thanks again mate, cheers :)

Mark

4. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Glad to be of assistance.