Need help with choosing a screen 6050UB/9400TW

EvilMonkey003

Novice Member
I have to purchase a screen because DIY is out of the question. Need help matching a screen with my projector with the limited options we have in NZ

I would love to do the spandex DIY but I am in New Zealand and options are very limited, I don't think we can get it anywhere without overseas shipping and I am not prepared to wait more than a few weeks and my last spray on screen adventure was time consuming and.

I have all my speakers in wall etc and perfectly light controlled room with matt black floor to ceiling, no light at all. My Viewing distance is 4.6m (15 feet) and maybe closer if more people want to watch. My room 5.8mx 4.5m (19x14.7 feet) Epson 6050UB Ceiling mount at 5.5m on 2.7M high ceiling.

I just want a good screen that does a really good job. I do need AT. I have settled on a 135" vs 150" screen, as throwing it on the wall I preferred the screen a bit smaller.

Looking around the local sellers the only brands they have is Indigo, Dimension, grandview, ComteVision, SI(screen innovations TX)and Elite, these are about my only options. Are any of these a good match for my setup? What are some screen brands or specs I should be looking for?

I could import but I dont want issues and risk of damage as well as the nightmare that is the ports situation at the moment, so I am kind of forced to go local, even if that means spending a bit more money.
So far I am leaning towards probably the SI screen even though it is probably the most expensive.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom