Need help with BF3 Build please

105tommy105

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking to buy a new pc to play the latest games, mainly ones such as BF3, i would like to play the game all maxed out maybe including msaa enabled, and a small bit of editing. i have around £600 to spend. Could someone please help.

(I play on a 22inch monitor 1920x1080)

Your not going to get a PC for £600 that will fully max out BF3 with Ultra settings & MSAA. If you can build it yourself you could probably get something along the lines of an Intel Sandy Bridge i5-2500K and a GTX560Ti which will let you play at 10920x1080 at high settings with AA turned down a little.

I agree you going to need at least another 200-300 bucks to Max that game out! You could if your stuck cash and can't wait get a GTX 560ti and sli it when you can get another one. Although saying that you would need to spend more on components to support that setup which isn't cheap. Long answer short, no you can't buy a PC to play BF3 for 600 dablons!

How this lot look;

CPU is from Amazon, GPU from dabs.com, the rest I spec'd from OcUK for ease.

Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K £167.40

Asus GeForce GTX 560 Ti 822MHz 1GB GDDR5 PCI-Express HDMI £154.99

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 £99.98

XFX Pro 750W Core Edition '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply £76.98

Zalman Z9 Plus Tower Case with Fan Controller - Black £49.99

Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 8GB £29.99

Samsung SH-S222AB/BEBE 22x DVD±RW SATA ReWriter (Black) £15.98

Total £595.31

If you have a spare HDD reuse that or try to pick up a cheapish drive on the classifieds. Motherboard and PSU will support another GTX560Ti, so could add that in a years time or so. Also if you can up the budget just slightly, get a decent CPU cooler such as the Gelid Tranquillo for £25.99 and overclock your CPU.:)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Nice shadowboxer very nice setup but the only problem is the cost of postage as your buying from 3 different sites lol

Try pricing the same bits at Scan. Being a forum member here you qualify for free delivery.

Nice shadowboxer very nice setup but the only problem is the cost of postage as your buying from 3 different sites lol

Free shipping from Amazon and dabs.com! OcUK currently offering 5% discount on EVERYTHING and free shipping to EVERYONE if you plan on ordering this soon! ;)

Try pricing the same bits at Scan. Being a forum member here you qualify for free delivery.

Purposely didn't spec from scan, although they prices are a bit cheaper than OcUK heard about lots of problems with their customer services, in particular their returns policy. Quite a few thread in these forums too.

Well it seems you have it all sorted mate lol

I agree though, if you did have to pay for shipping from three retailers, it's not worth the hassle. :)

Just go with whoevers cheapest. I've heard bad things about OC UK's customer service too, but like with any company, you only hear about the bad experiences, never the good. Shadowboxer has speced a good build there, can't go far wrong with those components.

Ebuyer.com is pretty good, I've never had a problem with them and when I use there 5 day free delivery I always get it within 2/3 days!

Used Amazon, Crucial, Dabs, Ebuyer, Novotech, Scan. Never had major issues with supply or quality so can't comment on customer service but would recommend them all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom