Need help with AVR

Rockman2

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have been reading an lot and I am confused! I sold my set up with my home and want to replace it in the new home. Mind you I am no expert just do a lot of reading to get ideas.
Had:
Marantz SR 8015
Panosonic DP-UB820K
Furman Elite 15 PFI power conditioner
Martin Logan 60XT towers
Martin Logan 50XT Center
Definitive tech Super cube 1
Aim 8 Three rear and side surround.
I really liked the system. Just thought I might do a small upgrade in sound with the new system and hopefully not spend to much more.

I was thinking down sizing down the SR8015 to a SR7015 and using a Monolith 3ch for the front three. Thinking I would get better sound from the front three this way and possibly better surround from the aver as it was not trying to power everything. Then after reading a ton on the net. I was moving toward an Anthem MRX 740 or a Denon X6700H. I had an older 3805 some years ago and loved it. Here is the big question for me Pre out voltage. I have seen 1.4, 1.5, 2.0, 4.0 for the denon in different threads from different authors. Also just spoke with Denon and Marantz. The told me 1.2v pre out voltage on both brands. Will the Denon Power the Monolith OK? Also I saw thread by Gene at Audioholics saying the anthem puts out 5 volts but is it necessary? Is there any benefit in sound from the Anthem? DAC's? Have also herd the Anthem is buggy. Don't know what that means but I have not herd that about the Denon AVR's. I will also be adding 2 atmos in celing down the road. This is a great room not a seporate room. We mostly use the system for movies and a little 2ch music. Thanks in advance for any help.

I suggest you have a read of this thread about pre-out voltages.

Unless the power amp has an unusually low gain structure you're unlikely to have any pre-out voltage issues whatsoever.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom