Need help with Arcam DV 88.....Pls

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by oreoboy13, Mar 14, 2002.

Tags:
  1. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It turned up today, i connected the three component leads to my Tosh 42WH18B and truned it on...........

First the pic was screwy, moving from top right to bottom left in a flickery buggered manner, then thre remote doesnt work. So i went to close the draw manually, however the close button doesnt click like the other buttons and doesnt work. I am being thick, or as i suspect i need to take it back?

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The remote not apearing to work is a common occurance. Just give it time and a few bangs.

Try just resetting the player and see what happens then.

3. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Does sound a bit buggered to me. One simple thing to try is to make sure that the remote is set for DVD, as you can toggle it between CD and DVD with the button on the top left of the remote.

4. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the tip about the remote, what about the pic and the load button?

5. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right i fixed the pic problem, i had to first use it using a rgb cable then in the steup menu i had to set component out. However the fornt buttons just dont seem to work.

I have however found a new problem, it wont play region2 dvds. The two RG1 filsm i have work fine, but when i stick in a RG2 film it just froze, i then did the region hack and set it to RG2 and now it says that my RG2 discs are invalid, but still play region 1. When i set it to Auto region it says the RG2 discs are invalid but will still play region 1.

I am sure my dealer will sort these problems out, its just along with the front buttons not working and the remote deciding when it will work, i half tempted to swap the Arcam with the new Cyrus DVD player.

Any thoughts

6. Matt Horne

Matt Horne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Sounds like its buggered...

I would get your dealer to replace it for a new machine.. Once it is working it is a great player.....

Not had any probs with mine for ages... plays everything I throw at it.. and it sounds great....

Matt