Need help with amplifier/cables...


I just bought this vintage Nikko amplifier off eBay. (Nikko TRM-230) But I have never seen these inputs before so I have no idea which cables to buy for it. Or maybe I need some type of converters?

If anyone knows anything about this I would really appreciate the help.



  • 1.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 47

Damp Squid

Active Member
I believe that's a 5 pin Din connector. Be careful when searching for a suitable male cable as there are different pin arragements available.


Distinguished Member

Those are all 5-pole 180 degree sockets except the 4 loudspeaker 2-poles.
Most will only use 3 pins for L&R input plus the common earth.
The tape in/out will use all 5 pins. The pre out will be the only 'odd one' using the output via 3 pins, but different to all the Input ones.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom