1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with a TH-42PD50U

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by fristen26, Aug 5, 2005.

1. fristen26

fristen26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought the Panasonic EDTV model about 8 months ago and am very happy with it. Only one problem. About a month ago I went to play a DVD which is plugged into the Video 1 input and only got sound. I then checked to see if it was the DVD player and plugged it into another TV, and the DVD played fine, both audio and video. That elimanted the player and cable being bad.

I then checked the Video 2 which has my VCR plugged in, same result, Audio but no Video.

Then onto Video 3, same result no video but audio.

Component 1 and Component 2 work fine it's just the video inputs. Also I contacted the dealer from which I purchased it and they had a repair guy call me. The guy told me to unplug everything for 24 hours then try it again. I did that and no effect.

The guy then told me he would contact Panasonic and get back to me. The guy never did. I then contacted Panasonic and they said it sounded like a bad board and to call our repair guy and tell him that.

Well I did, and the guy said no, he's convinced it can be fixed with a software reboot done via the Remote a button combination of some kind.

Anyone know how to fix this? What combination he may be refering to? Or anything to fix this problem? Please I am going crazy. :lease:

I am now using the free DVD player that came with the set but it only plays fairly new DVDs and is glitchy.

Any help would be great