Need help with a gtx 770

offitmassive

Please help me!! I'm stuck picking a simple card. It will be used single monitor 1080p only, but am torn. I being a bit naive looking at the fastest zotac amp , or should I look at the similar specced gainward phantom. Or are these relatively lesser know cards best to avoid. Please put ur recommendations down with why , how much and where from.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I'd hardly call Gainward lesser known and while Zotac are a newer company than most they've been around for eight years now so they're probably not going to fold tomorrow.

Personally what I'd do is find a good group test and go for the one with the least intrusive sound (which isn't necessarily the quietest), but which you go for will depend on your priorities. It's not a big decision, just a case of picking the one that seems to suit you best.

offitmassive

Thanks for the reply. I'm just a little worried that the zotac and gainward brands are a little less reliable that's all. If I'm blowing £240 or so, I don't want it failing just past it's warranty etc. have read a few gainward phantom fans failing on instal , I mean I know it could return it but it's just a pain!! Asus one is a little pricier but it's slower, are the speeds between asus through to zotac noticeable?

offitmassive

I've just ordered an asus directcu 2 . Like how it's so quiet and keeps itself pretty cool too. And with the cooler temp , it should allow a larger OC headroom to get to a zotac amp speed

offitmassive

Does anybody know air the air exhausts on the asus 770? Is it through the rear of the card or up out into the case?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom