Need help with a Computer/video recording/remote control conundrum

chomp

Standard Member
Scenario:

1. I want to be able to connect a Go-Pro via HDMI to a desktop PC in order to capture the video (basically using it as a glorified webcam).
  1. While capturing this video, I need to display it on a large screen through HDMI (if possible).
  1. While all this is going on, I want to be able to control the video capture software and Play/Pause/Record/Stop using a remote control
  1. Once I've recorded what I want, i want to be able to then playback this recording using the same remote control

Firstly, is this possible? Secondly, is it possible on a budget? I've around £1k to spend, but already have the go-pro, screens and operating system.

I was hoping to be able to program a universal remote (like a logitech harmony) and then use this to control the video capture, and also the playback/review. Any editing can be done using a keyboard and mouse if that is necessary.

The other consideration is that this needs to be very user friendly, as the people that will be using it will probably not be very technically minded and I will not be on hand to sort problems out and troubleshoot while they're having issues (for the most part, once people have been shown how to use it I want to not worry about it).

It sounds do-able, I'm just not sure how much faffing about there is going to be and how user friendly the end result is going to be.

I need to be able to put together a proof of concept demo early next week, so if it's possible I need to get cracking.

Thanks in advance

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom