Need help with 113" screen!!!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BIGBOYD75, May 16, 2005.

1. BIGBOYD75

BIGBOYD75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just recently purchased a 113" screen and when it arrived I came to find out that the aspect ratio on it was 1:1(80" tall by 80" wide). I have a epson power lite 50c projector that I use. But I can't tell by the specs weather or not it can display that. I need help in setting this up or finding another projector that does allow me to use the whole screen or at least most of it. Any help is much appericated and needed. Thanks

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi & welcome.

Your PJ is 4:3. Most HC PJs are 16:9 while most "data" PJs are 4:3 (like yours).

Can you not return the screen & get a 4:3 replacement? It would be the logical solution.

:smoke:

3. BIGBOYD75

BIGBOYD75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wish I could but I can't. The company I work for bought it and I have to figure out how to use the screen they purchased. They should have asked me before purchasing. The only other solution they would accept would be to look into purchasing a new projector that would display that. Which I have never seen a projector do that. So if you know anything about a pj that displays in a 1:1 ratio that would be great

Thanks!!!!

4. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Why don't you use some material and mask a smaller 16:9 or 4:3 area within the 1:1?

MB

5. BIGBOYD75

BIGBOYD75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a good idea but what about when I have to roll it back up and put it away???
    Is there no projector that can do 1:1????

BIGBOYD75

6. matblack

matblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    There is, its called an OHP :p

MB

7. BIGBOYD75

BIGBOYD75

Products Owned: