Need help using Rock Band 3 Pro Guitar as midi guitar

Discussion in 'Xbox One Rocksmith' started by Anjon, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Anjon

Anjon
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really at my wits' end with getting this thing to work. I've accepted that I'm either incredibly dumb or my guitar is malfunctioning. I have an HDE MIDI - USB adapter connecting the Mustang Pro Guitar to my computer. My computer and all the software I've been using recognizes the midi device, and the guitar recognizes that it's in midi mode (red lights, all of the controls seem to work as indicated by the LED feedback), but I get no sound in my programs.

There seems to be no indication that it's detecting that I'm actually strumming or pressing the frets. All it does is "see" that it's connected. I've tried TuxGuitar, Mixcraft 6, Kontakt 5, and a few others, but none of them seem to work. I've tried every port, double and triple checked my adapter, and I can't seem to figure out what's going on. Does this seem like a fault with my hardware or is it something simple I'm missing?

2. Christian 71

Christian 71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,105
    I've got the squire but it worked fine for me on the PC. Recently got it to work on my iPad with GarageBand.

I'll give tux guitar a go later today and check out the other software you mentioned. I know it works in guitar pro although I was a was a bit disappointed as it was basic note rather an real time notation.

3. Christian 71

Christian 71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,105
    I've had a quick go with TuxGuitar but I can't find any settings to record via midi. Import works fine so try this and then you can check your midi is at least working:

1. Download and install Red Dot Forever from source forge, it's a nice simple midi recorder.
    Red Dot Forever | Free Audio & Video software downloads at SourceForge.net

2. Run the program and in settings select "USB Midi" inpout or whatever your USB device is listed as and output as "MS GS Wavetable synth" and all options checked.

3. OK the dialog and click the record button then play a few bars. You should hear direct feedback from the pc while you play. Click Stop and save the file.

4. Open TuxGuitar and select import midi and open the file. All being well you should see a tabbed version of what you have played.

I'll have a look at the other programs you mentioned, was looking for a real time recorder as guitar pro is single note (non-real time).