It functions fine. I haven't tried, I don't want to take the chance. I've been very hesitant to touch it because those spots in particular look like mold. It seems as though its gradually getting worse too.That's really odd, be careful because it could be mold. Almost like its been kept in damp storage or something. Does the TV function okay, and can you clean it off?
Thankfully I ordered from RicherSounds, so they should be understanding. If you've never seen it before then that'll be grounds for an exchange?