Answered Need help to connect Solo Mini to new Sony Bravia TV

Kaytee1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new member and I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV and Samsung BD5100 DVD player. For some reason the sound will not route through my 5 year old solo mini to give me surround sound when it's connected. Has anyone had this problem and can it be rectified?

How have you connected the kit together?

How have you connected the kit together?
Thanks for the reply. I've connected the Solo mini directly to the TV using a Sandstrom hifi audio connector (2RCA-2RCA). Salesman said to connect to the TV rather than the BluRay DVD player as sound goes through the TV from the DVD. There is sound - as the iPod and the CD player work fine, but can't seem to get TV sound out through the speakers. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
A few things to check ... First make sure the 2x RCA on the TV is actually an output, not an input.

I am assuming you are getting no sound from the TV at all, no Blu-Ray and nothing from the TVs internal tuner? Which model of Bravia is it? You may have to configure something in the menus (check the manual though perhaps Audio cable connection is what you need).

A few things to check ... First make sure the 2x RCA on the TV is actually an output, not an input.

I am assuming you are getting no sound from the TV at all, no Blu-Ray and nothing from the TVs internal tuner? Which model of Bravia is it? You may have to configure something in the menus (check the manual though perhaps Audio cable connection is what you need).

No sound at all. I've checked the settings and followed instructions for external speakers. the 2xrca cables are connected where it says input, there's no other option on the back of the TV? It's a Bravia 40W605.

From reading http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-specs/kdl-40w605b/list it appears that the audio output on your TV is via a 3.5mm socket on the side. You'll need a cable something like this -- http://exceptional-av.co.uk/exa-3-5...o-cable.html?gclid=CJq2qNC54sQCFafItAodzjgAuw
Ah, yes I see. Had the other cable (2xRCA) in the input on the back. I'll try one of these cables and see if I have better luck. I assume the Arcam connection ports are the same on the back where I've got the other one connected now?

Ah, yes I see. Had the other cable (2xRCA) in the input on the back. I'll try one of these cables and see if I have better luck. I assume the Arcam connection ports are the same on the back where I've got the other one connected now?
Yes at the Arcam end any of the four (Game, AV, Tape or TV) inputs will work fine.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom