need help to choose amp

matik05

Novice Member
Reaction score
hello, im new and I was doing some research and I found this site so im sure you guys know a lot, my cousin has Monitor audio RX2 bookshelf speakers and he has Audiolab Amp set when I listen to music I love the sound, so I bought the Monitor audio RX2 yesterday for $400 they are like brand new but to buy the Audiolab set from E-bay its going to cost me atleast $3500 so what other amps do you guys recommend and by the way I love the fact Audiolab is 5 peases in top of each other.please help to choose.

Save up for the audiolab equipment as you like it's sonic signature.
Never buy anything without trying it out with your own equipment.

What is your budget?
What audiolab amp/equipment is it? What are the 5 pieces of equipment?

'when I listen to music I love the sound' - you fell into the trap of thinking you were listening to the Spks and not the combination of the Source, the Amplification, the Speakers and the Room.

Do you have an amplifier to use with the MA speakers for now and if yes how does the combination sound in your room?

Joe

What is your budget?
What audiolab amp/equipment is it? What are the 5 pieces of equipment?
ok my cousin is selling his Audiolan setup wich is 8000DAC-8000CDM-8000Q and 2 8000MX and hes asking $4500

'when I listen to music I love the sound' - you fell into the trap of thinking you were listening to the Spks and not the combination of the Source, the Amplification, the Speakers and the Room.

Do you have an amplifier to use with the MA speakers for now and if yes how does the combination sound in your room?

Joe
yes i have Denon DRA-335R (Old Amp) and yes it sound very good i love to listen to music every day with my MA speakers, its just im ready for something better and stronger. i recently boughtbrand new Rotel RC1590 and RB1582 MKII and when i took them home and connected my MA they sounded very bad so i returned them and took my Denon with MA and showed them the diference and they saw that i was right.

Save up for the audiolab equipment as you like it's sonic signature.
Never buy anything without trying it out with your own equipment.
thats one thing i like to do! Try out before i buy but there's not really anything arround meto go try, so far the best one i have tried was McIntosh

Did you try your cousin's rotel electronics?

Did you try your cousin's rotel electronics?
the Rotels where mine, i had bought them brand new and tried it but didnt like at all. My cousin has Audilab setup and yes i tried on his setup and it sounds pretty good, but im thinking i can buy brand new amp for the amount of money hes asking for his old setup.

I agree with you regarding the your cousin charging too much.
Audiolab have a good reputation. The latest version is meant to be good

Audiolab - you need to try it out in your room with your speakers if you are serious about considering it.

Audiolab pricing - a little homework will let you know what sort of price that collection of components goes for, I suspect your cousin is way out with his valuation.

Emotiva - is a 'buy direct/try at home' US brand you bought to be considering, Emotiva

Joe

Audiolab - you need to try it out in your room with your speakers if you are serious about considering it.

Audiolab pricing - a little homework will let you know what sort of price that collection of components goes for, I suspect your cousin is way out with his valuation.

Emotiva - is a 'buy direct/try at home' US brand you bought to be considering, Emotiva

Joe
i have heared about emotiva but didn't think its good, but i can give it a try

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom