Need help so difficult!!

riddettski

Established Member
Reaction score
hi there

Looking for an amazing tv deal ideally 55" screen

I have loads of blu rays and quite a few 3D ones and I have young kids so passive 3D is great as the glasses are
Cheap to replace if broken

I want 4K ideally - seen the lg850v but people say the blacks are poor ??

Doesn't have to be passive but ideally 3D and 4K ideal budget would be around £1000 - I know he Samsung ks7000 is great but no 3D

Any other options ?

I want 4K ideally - seen the lg850v but people say the blacks are poor ??

They're unusually good for an IPS panel, but if you do watch films with the lights down you might be disappointed if you're coming from a VA panel or Plasma.

Any other options ?

Not really at that price. Sony's XD93 and Panasonic's DX902 would be the alternatives for 3D and you're looking at £1400+ for them.

They're unusually good for an IPS panel, but if you do watch films with the lights down you might be disappointed if you're coming from a VA panel or Plasma.

Not really at that price. Sony's XD93 and Panasonic's DX902 would be the alternatives for 3D and you're looking at £1400+ for them.

Think there will be any amazing Black Friday deals on either of those?

So best screen for £1000? 4K 3D and good picture ??

Have friend at work looking for a tv. He currently has a 10 year old finlux Tv and wants to upgrade. I've told him to look at hisense tvs. He's not that bothered about expensive ones so his budget is around 350-400 mark.

DX-750 has 3D and is a better TV overall because it uses a VA panel. 3D is active though so isn't as good as the LGs passive.

It's normal PQ vs 3D really.

It would be a great TV if not for the panel being IPS. Makes for worse black's and contrast sadly. You do get better viewing angles though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom