Need Help: Snazio Tera NAS HD Network Problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Mr Merrick, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Mr Merrick

Mr Merrick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've had a Snazio Net Cinema HD (SZ1350) for quite a while now and have been pleased with the performance.

Until now, I've been streaming HDTV content directly from my PC to the SZ1350 using a Cross-Over cable which I made myself. (I don't intend on using a router or a wireless network)

I recently purchased the Tera NAS HD Pro and tried to hook it up to my PC today. I have installed (for now) 1x Western Digital 400GB/16MB Cache SATA hard drive. After checking all connections were correct I powered the unit on.

I used RAIDar and the Tera NAS was detected on IP Address: 192.168.168.168. When I clicked Setup I was told that the IP address of the client had to be on the same Subnet.
    I amended the TCP/IP properties to read; IP Address: 192.168.168.168, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0...I had no idea what to enter as the preferred and alternate DNS server addresses so I left them blank...

After confirming the settings, I pressed 'Rescan' on RAIDar and clicked 'Setup', now I get an error message saying "Windows cannot find 'https://192.168.168.168/admin/'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I searched a few forums and tried the IP address: 192.168.168.163 but I still get the same thing.

I've read through the Manual, but all of the settings seem to refer the the Frontview wizard and advanced settings. I can't even get to these as I can't even get past the setup.

The Tera NAS HD itself boots up. The blue status LED flases on and off very slowly, while the HDD LED's flash amber. The flashing alternates between all 4 leds displayed at once, to just the LED on the number 2 drive.

I even tried a 5 second reset and even a factory settings reset, but I still can't figure it out.

All I want is to transfer the files from my PC to the Tera NAS, and to hook the Tera NAS up to my SZ1350 in order to play them.

Please help me!! :lease: