• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need help Setting up PS3 with Samsung Monitor

serjery

Standard Member
Hi AV community

Here is the situation:
I recently bought a 21.5" Samsung B2230 monitor (specs are linked below)
Samsung B2230 specs

Okay so I have set my PS3 to RGB full, Super whites on, Deep Colour off (I don't know if I should have turned off Deep colour or not)

The situation is that my monitor also has the ability of changing the black level between Low and Normal. From what I understand I should either put the PS3 on Full, leave the Samsung on Low or put the PS3 on Limited and leave the Samsung on Normal. Is this correct? It seems that if I put both the Samsung on Normal and the PS3 on RGB Full, the picture becomes very dark.

Another issue is this: I just started playing Bioshock 2 on my ps3, and to be honest it looks like crap! I don't know if its the game or my monitor but the overall quality of the game is very poor. The lines are jagged and the overall colour quality is terrible. I believe I am using an TN monitor which may be the reason why, but I just wanted to make sure that I have set up my monitor and PS3 in the correct way

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom