Need Help Setting Up Panny PT-AE500E

BeanheadUK

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to the projector world and I was given a Panny PT-AE500E by a friend as the lamp had gone. So after replacing the lamp and getting it working again I've now connect to my HTPC via a DVI to HDMI cable.

I've got it running 1280x720 resolution and the PJ is reporting a 750P resolution.

My problem is both the top and bottom of the image or video are cut off.

I've tried everything from resolution to different freq and nothing has worked. The aspect option is greyed out so does that mean my only option is the input from my HTPC?

Its really annoying as it means everything I chuck at it is cut on both the top and bottom.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Beans.

BeanheadUK

OK, so I've been doing some searching and its seems the Panny up-scales to 750P (is that correct)?

So regardless of the source input (720P) it will always up-scale to 750P?

That really sucks; anyone have any ideas how to keep the 1:1 ratio?

BeanheadUK

Anyone?

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
No the ae500 is a 720p PJ I can't understand why it would show 750. it uses 3 LCD panels that are 1280x720. What source are you using?

BeanheadUK

Hi Steve,

I'm definitely using the 1280x720 resolution for my second screen (this PJ); what else could it be?

I'm connecting HDMI (HTPC) to DVI (PJ), but I've also tried DVI to DVI and its still the same.

BeanheadUK

Hi heavenlywarrior, what do you mean by set it to 720p? I thought this was dependent on the resolution? I have a Radeon HD 7750

HeavenlyWarrior

In your settings you should be able to set your resolution output to 1280x720 which will output to a monitor (in this case a projector) to 720p in a 16:9 aspect ratio, matching your projector

BeanheadUK

Hi Heavenly, I currently have the resolution set to 1280x720, however, the top and bottom are still cropped.

HeavenlyWarrior

If the source is correct, the projector is the problem. Check in your projector settings for something called overscan and adjust that to see if it changes anything

BeanheadUK

I don't think the PT-AE500E has a overscan setting, I can't change the ratio or size within the projector either as its dependent on the input.

BeanheadUK

I've been googling nearly every day with different variations, lol. But I keep getting generic stuff about overscan and cropping for PJ but not secific to this projector. Or about the green lines.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom