Need help setting up my Sony ht-as5 system.

jasjw

Banned
Ok I'm having two problems.

1 I can't get sky HD to play in 5.1 dts or dd enough the program says it's been broadcast with DD. I only get 2.0 stereo sound.

2 I can't get my popcorn hour a-200 to play LPCM. I'm playing full blu ray ISO files and remuxed blu rays with DTSHD. When it plays on my system it only plays in 5.1 DTS OR DD. When I press the info button on my popcorn player it says it's playing DTS-HD but my amp isn't showing LPCM.

my sky box is set to play digital sound. My popcorn hour is set to play HDMI audio with PASSTHROUGH for all audio formats.

My htas5 is set to play hdmi PASSTHROUGH, acr is off, dual mono is set to main.

Sky and popcorn hour connected via hdmi
Please help it's driving my crazy.

KCooperman

Ok I'm having two problems.

1 I can't get sky HD to play in 5.1 dts or dd enough the program says it's been broadcast with DD. I only get 2.0 stereo sound.

Have you connected via the Optical digital out?

Sky will only output in 5.1 via optical out.

2 I can't get my popcorn hour a-200 to play LPCM. I'm playing full blu ray ISO files and remuxed blu rays with DTSHD. When it plays on my system it only plays in 5.1 DTS OR DD. When I press the info button on my popcorn player it says it's playing DTS-HD but my amp isn't showing LPCM.

Sounds like your are sending bitstream audio which the Sony cannot decode. Try setting the popcorn Hour to decode the audio

Last edited:

jasjw

Banned
KCooperman said:
Have you connected via the Optical digital out?

Sky will only output in 5.1 via optical out.

Well that explains that one, thanks.

Just need to sort out my popcorn hour problem now.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom