Question Need help setting up my new LG B9

GoBigGuy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

So my new LG B9 just arrived today and I'm loving it so far but want to make sure I hook it up to my other equipment the right way and that I can use the remote to control everything. I use YouTube TV streaming service to watch everyday TV and plan on just using the LG apps instead of a Roku or Fire TV Cube.

Here is the equipment I have:
Sony STR-DH750 AV Receiver
Sony BDP-S3700 Blu-Ray/DVD Player
Nintendo Switch

Right now I have the Blu-Ray/DVD player and Nintendo Switch plugged into the AV receiver and the AV receiver out going into HDMI 2 ARC input on the LG B9. Now when I hit the power on the TV remote the TV and AV receiver turn on and sound is coming from the external speakers which is great but no control for the Blue-Ray/DVD player or Nintendo Switch.

Looking at the settings it looks like I would need to plug them both directly into the TV in order to control them but what I want to know will the sound still come through the external speakers if I do this? How would you recommend I connect everything so I am always using the external speakers even if that means I have to use different remotes.

Also is there a way to have an app automatically launch when I turn on the TV instead of just seeing "no signal" since I'm not using a cable box or antenna?

Last but not least are there any settings I should turn on or off for best picture quality for the streaming apps like YouTube TV?

Thanks!

So I tried hooking up the devices to the TV directly and it worked! both the Switch and Blu-Ray sound plays through the external speakers and I can control them all through the remote :)

Still trying to figure out to have one of the apps default to play when I first turn it on and how to remove the "no signal" box so if you have any ideas on those fixes that would be great!

Also any of the settings I should turn on or off please let me know.

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom