Question Need help setting up my install

jujuireland

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 sat dishes (Astra 1 & 2) connected on a DISeQc (port 1 is Astra 2 and port 2 is Astra1 just to confuse everyone) then a sat receiver Strong 7404 to receive TNT SAT (French free sat kind of). I found out that the receiver has a sat out so I connected a coax to my TV which also has a sat tuner.
The ideal would be to use the sat receiver for Astra 1 and the TV sat tuner for Astra 2.
Reason is my TV has an app that makes it easy to sort channel, set recording... and I need the receiver to use TNT SAT card, no ci+ available.

On both, I set each sat with diseqc enable, the corresponding port for each sat.
If I watch BBC on Astra 2 on my TV, then I cannot find a signal anymore on my receiver to watch france2 vice and versa.

My last resort is to ditch the diseqc and use one coax for each dish but don't want to admit defeat yet.

Is it just the one feed cable into the home from the switch then? One feed can't "stack" both SATs feeds at the same time.

Correct, one feed cable to the house, but just one TV so we intend to watch only one sat at a time.

I set up a TNT sat system for a friend - when setting up my meter I found all the TNT channels to be Vertical and all in the high band, which I guess is why the Strong has a sat out.

I would run another cable.

You need a simple satellite switch.
See the nearby thread "splitting satellite dignal".

I set up a TNT sat system for a friend - when setting up my meter I found all the TNT channels to be Vertical and all in the high band, which I guess is why the Strong has a sat out.

I would run another cable.
Also why simple splitters will work on TNT

To the original poster, you will not be able to watch channels from both sats at the same time even with an active splitter or the like involved in the setup. Its one or the other thru the loop thru setup mate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom