• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Need help setting up headphones with new Samsung TV

Amanda2014cdn

Novice Member
Hi there,

I just came across these forums and am really hoping that somebody might be able to assist me.
I bought a new Samsung 40ue5000 TV this past week and am very pleased with the picture/sound etc but I am trying to hook my Earforce X11 headset to the TV to get sound from the Xbox 360 to come through it and not having much luck).

I had no problem setting this headset up with the LG TV, but I cannot seem to get it to work with this Samsung.

The Earforce X11 headset has a Dolby Surround Sound processor.
On the LG, I simply hooked the optical cable to the TV and into the Xbox 360 and then had the red and white audio cables going into the back of the TV. It worked perfectly. I could switch back and forth to the TV or Xbox without swapping wires and simply changed the TV setting to external speaker.

Not so with the Samsung :-( I can get the TV sound coming through the headset perfectly by plugging the red and white audio cables into my cable box and the optical cable from the TV to the DSS processor BUT I cannot get the Xbox sound to come through ?!!!
(the Xbox is connected to the TV via HDMI cable)
The Samsung has the digital optical out - so where should I be plugging the optical cable ? from the TV to the Xbox or the TV to the headphone DSS box ???
What about the white and red audio cables ?

I am sure I have tried very configuration possible but maybe I've missed one.
There has to be a way to do this !

I would REALLY appreciate any help you can offer !!!

Thank you,

Amanda

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom