• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

need help setting up blu-ray with rht-900

gasguy

Standard Member
hi ive recently purchased a sony kdl40x3500 lcd tv, sony rht-900 home theatre system, and a s,ony s350 blu ray player. i'm having trouble with setting it all up i've got the tv going into rht-900 via hdmi and my bluray going into the rht-900 via hdmi but when i play blurays i cant sem to get the blurays to play in true hd and dts they always play in pcm please any help would be most appreiciated as i'am a complete novis at this do i need optical cables as well as hdmi

craigizmo2k2

Established Member
What you're getting is correct - the S350 will decode TrueHD and send it to the stand as Linear PCM.

The S550 will decode DTS aswell and send that via HDMI in the same way.

Connecting this up by optical or coax will give you some fancy looking logos on the screen, but the sound will actually be inferior compared to what it's receiving over HDMI.

gasguy

Standard Member
cheers mate you've been a great help on the s350 what should all the settings be on sorry but i'm a complete novis at all this got any suggestions to help me understand better lol, when i play blu rays i've got pcm logo appearing on the lcd display of the ght-900 surround sound unit there;s so many settings on the s350 i dont know if there all set right

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom