NEED HELP SETTING UP 5.1 Surround

R3dbullz90

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I need some guidance in setting up my newly acquired home theater system.
Here is my equipment:
60" Samsung 4k
Xbox One S
Denon AVR-X2200
Bic Acoustech pl-89II towers
PL-28II center channel
2 PL-66 surround
and a pl-200 subwoofer.

My wife... yes my wife... wants a video game/movie theater room and we just bought a house which so happens to have an "office" the same size as the 2nd and 3rd bedroom. Its 15'x11' I believe but it has an odd shape to it and I am having a hard time figuring out how to place the speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Attached is a picture of the room. Thanks in advance.
GAME ROOM.png

Front Left Center and Right are straightforward.

The surround speakers should be placed on the side walls firing across the couch. This is fine on the right hand side but the left creates a problem as the wall is on an angle.

You could get around this by placing the surrounds on speaker stands as this will give you flexibility in positioning, alternately you could build up a false wall to the left of the couch onto which you could mount the speaker - how good are your DIY skills???

My DIY skills are ok but i have friends who can build anything. I know you probably didn't look but my profile picture is something I helped build. I had something pop into my mind as I was looking at the room set up. would this set up be ok? i remembered that on the other side of that awkward corner is where they have a cable outlet for the living room so i could put a port in that awkward corner. so i think this is the best set up. correct me if im wrong. i am new to the home audio game.
image1.JPG

I'd keep the FR and FL out of the corners (and you may need to bring them into the room a but to get them a few inches away from the walls) but yeah, looks about perfect.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom