Need help saving to DVD from TVDrive

andyodell

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello

I have been trying to save to DVD from TVDrive but have came across a few problems.

As the DVD Recorder said I tried to output from the RGB scart on the TVDrive. The problem with this is that this only recorded whatever was on the screen, plus I had to change the TVDrive settngs to RGB from HDMI which was a pain.

So I went back to the normal video output which allows you to watch somthing else as it records from your TVDrive recorded programs.

The enoying thing now is image quality. When it is recorded it dosnt all look that great. Im guessing that this is mainly because of the length of the programs against the length that DVD's allow.

What I am now asking is if anyone knows a way that I can get better quality recordings.

I thought maybe that I could pause the recorder during the adverts to shorten the length a little but it wont allow this.

Or is the quality difference not that noticeable really?

Any help will be great.

Thanks

When it is recorded it dosnt all look that great. Im guessing that this is mainly because of the length of the programs against the length that DVD's allow.

What I am now asking is if anyone knows a way that I can get better quality recordings.

You decide the quality versus how much you can squeeze on a disc using the "Record Mode" setting on your DVDR.
HQ will give you the best pic but only 1hr per disc.
SP around 2hrs
LP around 4hrs etc.
Most DVDRs have very good pic quality at the SP setting and that is usually the out-of-box default.

was wondering this myself! at moment i only have telewest digi box so its quite simple - digi box - scart to dvd recorder - scart to tv... i can record whatever im watching... but on tv drive (which is being installed next week) it will be a direct hdmi connect to tv so will bypass the dvd recorder....

would i be able to still have a scart from tvdrive to dvd recorder and onto tv?

can that be running at same time as hdmi direct into tv?

but i guess that way i cannot record HD stuff as still thru scart? (well i aint to bothered about that cuz its only tv shows i record for my nephews and they aint bothered) ...

The great thing about the TV Drive recording to DVD is that the output to the 2nd scart on the TV Drive is separate from viewing (at least it's separate from viewing via HDMI) but, annoylingly, the 2nd scart is NOT RGB enabled and so the output is a very poor quality. Not too noticable when replayed on a smaller CRT, but looks horrendous on a large plasma/LCD.

Can the second scart output S-Video? My DVD recorder looks o.k. with that from my current PVR.

Can the second scart output S-Video? My DVD recorder looks o.k. with that from my current PVR.

Unfortunately no. Why they didn't make it RGB enabled is beyond me. They must have thought we were all still recording to VCRs!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom