Need help regarding sky remote

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tony kop77, Aug 21, 2004.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Earlier today my sky remote batteries had completly died on me. I should have changed them weeks ago like the thing told me to via the information on tv.
    I have now put new batteries in and if I press the buttons I get no infra red dot on the censor unless I press tv.

I really want to get it to work because I want to watch the football and choose what games to watch but I can't because my red button does not work unless I press tv which is not good enough .

Do I have to press a the sky button along with another button to make it work?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Normally I would expect after pressing the "TV" button the SKY remote wouldn't control anything other than the TV, not the other way around.

The "TV" button tells the remote to change it's IR codes to allow the remote control of the television, pressing the "SKY" button tells the remote to go back to normal digibox operations.

3. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    Looks like I will have to buy a new remote control then :(. If I press tv I can see the red light on the remote every time I press a button but if I press Sky and then press the buttons I get no red light on the remote when pressing buttons.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    That's a bit bizzare, at least they aren't that expensive.

Read this on the Satcure website, might not be relevant but worth a go..

Sky remote won't control Sky Digibox

To perform a RESET press [TV] and then hold [select] and [red button] together for around two seconds (until the red light blinks twice). Now press 999 (red light blinks once for a long time and then twice quickly).

This changes the TV model code back to default 038, clears the macro and deletes any Key Magic changes that you have made.

5. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +203
    No blink comes up when I try resseting it. Thanks for your help though. The red light seems only to work when I press tv and any other buttons but when I try the tv, select and red button nothing happens and no red light on remote.