Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Need help regarding media for my JVC DVDrecorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by linkslow, Mar 25, 2004.

1. linkslow

linkslow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the JVC DVDrecorder and am Having trouble with it, I have copied a few programs and finalised them but they won't work with my other DVD player I've tried them in both formats Video and VR but nothing, I was wondering what the best DVD-rw is to use on the recorder so it will work on my other player.

Also what's the difference between Video and VR I know one allows you to edit what you've recorded, but does this make a difference and if so once finalised what DVD players will it play in.

2. GaryB

GaryB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,294
    DVD-Rs made on the DR-M1 should generally play on any recent DVD player that claims to play DVD-Rs. DVD-RWs are slightly different. They have slightly lower reflectivity and will only play on the most recent players. Again, check the spec. of the player to see if it is designed to play them.

VR (Variable Rate) shouldn't make too much difference. The main function of VR is to adjust the data rate, and therefore picture quality to fit the recording length to the available disk space. Most DVD players will play variable rate with no problems, providing the DVDs are finalised.