Need help Reformatted Xbox HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by cbradley857, Sep 1, 2007.

1. cbradley857

cbradley857

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was softmodding my Xbox today, and i reformatted the hard drive, but when i tried to install a dashboard it froze and i was Forced to turn the console off (after about 10 mins).

When i turn it on now i get an Error 13/14 message. I do not have a backup on my computer, and i no longer have the game saves on my HDD.

How can i fix this without:
    1. Taking the xbox apart (if it has to be done, ill do it)
    2. Buying a chip (very unlikely)

If i do have to take it apart, how can i do this without Torx screwdrivers

:lease: help :|

2. bigjb

bigjb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +436
    I am only starting out on the xbox modding scene so i may be wrong here.Could you not d/load the auto installers deluxe v4.10 burn to disc and boot the xbox with it and repair/reinstall the official xbox dash which comes as part of the aideluxe files.

3. cbradley857

cbradley857

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive tried that already but it hasnt worked, and ive tried cold booting it - but if theres a way to get the files onto the xbox (cant ftp), i could posibly fix it that way

As far as i am aware i think i have some files on one of the partitions, but i think they are from XBMC, but as far as i know, i can only boot games, not mods

4. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,304
    I'm fairly certain you have done the same as I did . You can boot games but can't boot any dash . And because you reformatted the drive, the softmod game save is no longer there to load up and you can't put it back on because you can't boot a dash .

I ended up chipping and using AID . You live and learn

You might be able to open the box with a flat head jewelery screwdriver strategically wedged in , but if you have to chip you can pick up the torx and do it the easy way

John

5. cbradley857

cbradley857

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, ive found some Torx srewdrivers in my garage, so i might try to hotswap it using my old win2k pc (Cant Affort a chip - no money:devil:)