Need help Reformatted Xbox HDD

C

cbradley857

I was softmodding my Xbox today, and i reformatted the hard drive, but when i tried to install a dashboard it froze and i was Forced to turn the console off (after about 10 mins).

When i turn it on now i get an Error 13/14 message. I do not have a backup on my computer, and i no longer have the game saves on my HDD.

How can i fix this without:
  1. Taking the xbox apart (if it has to be done, ill do it)
  2. Buying a chip (very unlikely)

If i do have to take it apart, how can i do this without Torx screwdrivers

:lease: help :|

bigjb

Distinguished Member
I am only starting out on the xbox modding scene so i may be wrong here.Could you not d/load the auto installers deluxe v4.10 burn to disc and boot the xbox with it and repair/reinstall the official xbox dash which comes as part of the aideluxe files.

C

cbradley857

ive tried that already but it hasnt worked, and ive tried cold booting it - but if theres a way to get the files onto the xbox (cant ftp), i could posibly fix it that way

As far as i am aware i think i have some files on one of the partitions, but i think they are from XBMC, but as far as i know, i can only boot games, not mods

John

I'm fairly certain you have done the same as I did . You can boot games but can't boot any dash . And because you reformatted the drive, the softmod game save is no longer there to load up and you can't put it back on because you can't boot a dash .

I ended up chipping and using AID . You live and learn

You might be able to open the box with a flat head jewelery screwdriver strategically wedged in , but if you have to chip you can pick up the torx and do it the easy way

John

C

cbradley857

thanks, ive found some Torx srewdrivers in my garage, so i might try to hotswap it using my old win2k pc (Cant Affort a chip - no money:devil:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom