Need help putting together a home CCTV package for my home

If I went the HDMI route I'd need a 50m cable as the nvr is lcoated far away.

I could go HDMI over ethernet (again a long distance) but if I can get it working on an android device or similar, this would be the easiest and neatest solution.

I was happily using a Raspberry Pi in my office. I bought the Android TV for the lounge TV.

The Raspberry Pi takes some setting up, you need to configure it via command line or configuration file editing but it works pretty well on my Pi 3. Heres the guide I used. Hikvision Raspberry PI as Viewer

One thing to note is I haven't tried it with H265, only H264. I haven't setup my new office yet so I'll try it at some point.

If you search Google "raspberry PI Hikvision" there are several topics on it.

Thanks for your help. That may be the route I have to go down. I was hoping I coudl get it to work in an adroid box as I needed to get one for Kodi anyway. But it seems I may need to get 2 devices!

Thanks again for your help :)

Thanks for your help. That may be the route I have to go down. I was hoping I coudl get it to work in an adroid box as I needed to get one for Kodi anyway. But it seems I may need to get 2 devices!

Thanks again for your help :)

You may be able to, just my experience isn't quite as good. One thing I haven't tried is side loading the Hik-Connect app.

I think that is what I am going to do. When I pick a box I will update you all on how I get on :)

Hi all,

I have the same problem. I am moving to a new home soon and are looking for a security camera setup with a NVR. I am interested in this setup too but have seen the swann systems popping up everywhere and are much cheaper. Are these systems worth the money or should I stay clear?

Many thanks

Simon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom