Need help! Problem with LED picture and noise on screen

pmcleroy

Novice Member
Hello everyone,

I've started seeing this pop up recently and can't find anything on the internet to explain it, so I've come to the pros.

The problem: When watching TV my Sony xbr75x900e every so often will display this picture interference flicker every so often (attached image). I have high-end Monster HDMI cables going from Xfinity box to an old TX-SR608 Onkyo receiver that then outputs the picture to the Sony TV. If I look closely at the screen I can also see flickering red and green dots. Do you know what could be causing this? TV, receiver, cables, etc.?
IMG_4652.PNG

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Do a power down, un plug and re plug everything. That looks like the sort of thing you see when there's a cable issue and it's normally the connection is a bit dubious. Replugging everything normally cures it, but if not, my next suspect would be the avr, as hdmi boards are known to fail

pmcleroy

Novice Member
Do a power down, un plug and re plug everything. That looks like the sort of thing you see when there's a cable issue and it's normally the connection is a bit dubious. Replugging everything normally cures it, but if not, my next suspect would be the avr, as hdmi boards are known to fail
Let me try that. I think you could be right. I noticed when I did my Apple 4K straight to TV, I had a flawless picture. No green or red dots, no random flickering. I'm going to do a couple of cable swaps and use the Apple 4K -> TV. If nothing goes wrong then the receiver is in its death throes.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom