need help pls choosing a dvd

Kunash

Standard Member
I recently bought this dvd RD85DT

http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+...deo/DVD+Recorders/1146/230396657/Product.aspx

This dvd has no analog receiver, and I cannot receive channels 1-4 on freeview, so i have to return it.

I am looking pls for the following features ( prefer it to be from John Lewis so I can get a swap and possibly Toshiba )

analog and digital receiever
freeview
upscaling
hard drive
slots for component cable

just to let you know, it will be used with a 37wlt68 toshiba HDTV

Kunash

Standard Member
could do, but my house is up for sale, so I dont know how long I will be in this house, and is it guaranteed to work?

i can swap it if I am not happy with it, with JL, and that is what I want to do.

How can i tell if a dvd has an analog and digital receiver?
I looked in the description of the RD85 and couldnt see anything. ok i now know the DT stands for digital tuner, but how can i tell it doesnt have an analog one as well?

been on the phone to toshiba and they dont make dvd's with both analog and digital tuners,
can someone give me a name of an analog and digital dvd with a hard drive pls and upscaling?

Gavtech

Administrator
been on the phone to toshiba and they dont make dvd's with both analog and digital tuners,
can someone give me a name of an analog and digital dvd with a hard drive pls and upscaling?
Panasonic EX75 [160GB Hard Disk ]

Panasonic EX85 [ 250 GB Hard disk ]

Otherwise indentical, and have dual tuners [ analogue / digital ] and HDMI Upscaling.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom