1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help..please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by c18udy, Dec 22, 2004.

1. c18udy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    need help

trying to set up my philips dvdr70 and only have the quick instructions - anyone know how to download the full instructions manual

First problem is that i didn’t have all the right cables - when i put my ariel at the back of the recorder - used an old coacx cable with a male / female ends to link the ariel back to the tv. Not a very good picture through at all - literally cant see anything

Do i need a specific philips cable that would have come with it or will it work if i get a decent coacx cable with a male / female ends ??

Also not sure how i would tune the dvdr into the channels - suppose i would get this in the full manual but any ideas

another quick question - is it possible to put my playstation scart into the second scart socket on the dvdr and play it through that or do i have to do what i am doing now and change the scart in the back of my tele between the playstation one and the dvdr one

Please help as i am being badgered to record shreck for the girlfriend on xmas eve
  2. johnjackthom

Sep 20, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    When you linked the aerial lead through the DVDR to the TV, did the reception on the TV of channels 1 to 5 get worse than before?

You can check if the leads are OK by disconnecting both connectors from the back of the DVDR and connecting the 2 leads to one another. This will bypass the recorder and the TV should then work as normal. If it doesnt try different leads.