Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

need help..please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by c18udy, Dec 22, 2004.

1. c18udy

c18udy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    need help

trying to set up my philips dvdr70 and only have the quick instructions - anyone know how to download the full instructions manual

First problem is that i didn’t have all the right cables - when i put my ariel at the back of the recorder - used an old coacx cable with a male / female ends to link the ariel back to the tv. Not a very good picture through at all - literally cant see anything

Do i need a specific philips cable that would have come with it or will it work if i get a decent coacx cable with a male / female ends ??

Also not sure how i would tune the dvdr into the channels - suppose i would get this in the full manual but any ideas

another quick question - is it possible to put my playstation scart into the second scart socket on the dvdr and play it through that or do i have to do what i am doing now and change the scart in the back of my tele between the playstation one and the dvdr one

Please help as i am being badgered to record shreck for the girlfriend on xmas eve

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    When you linked the aerial lead through the DVDR to the TV, did the reception on the TV of channels 1 to 5 get worse than before?

You can check if the leads are OK by disconnecting both connectors from the back of the DVDR and connecting the 2 leads to one another. This will bypass the recorder and the TV should then work as normal. If it doesnt try different leads.