Need Help Please

K

kreep

Hi all,

I'm new to forum just as I am to the a/v thingy. Planning to move to a new place and decided to spend some on audio/video. The problem is my knowledge about stuff.

I'm living in Turkey, so the prices are quite higher than yours, and I have a limited budget. I'll list my options below with prices and need your advice for all, please.

Projector: Infocus X1 (around 1.200 USD)

DVD Player: Pioneer DV 565 (450 USD)

Receiver Options:
Onkyo TX SR-501E (710 USD)
Onkyo TX SR-600E (1.000 USD)
Onkyo TX SR-701E (1.390 USD)

Speakers: JBL SCS 188 (800 USD)

I know this is a long list but need your advice badly. All comments are welcome. You can either choose one of them or recommend another similar price ranged item.

Every comment is needed and will be appreciated.

Thanx a lot in advance

P.S: Also need your advice about SONY DRC 29M6
Also planning to connect an X-Box to this system.

Need comment about possible conflicts also.

(Tried to have some comments about these on All-In-One Systems forum but got no response, that's why I've posted it here also)

Thanks

The opnly problem is that most of the people on here are in the UK and we dont get much exposure from Onkyo over here. There are reviews on this forum of the 701 I believe.

The Pioneer 565 is well regarded as a universal dvd player but not such a good cd player..

I would advise you to try and get a demo if possible and see what they sound like.:lesson:

Originally posted by Dfour
The opnly problem is that most of the people on here are in the UK and we dont get much exposure from Onkyo over here. There are reviews on this forum of the 701 I believe.

The Pioneer 565 is well regarded as a universal dvd player but not such a good cd player..

I would advise you to try and get a demo if possible and see what they sound like.:lesson:

Thank you for your reply :) I won't buy it b4 getting a demo for sure. Can you advise any other dvd players?

Thanks a lot :)

If you give us a budget it would make it easier to recommend things. :)

My budget is around USD 4000 - 4500. But as I've said, I live in Turkey and prices are insane here comparing to the ones in your land. I'm not sure if my budget limit helps but waiting for your recommandation :)

Thank you for your interest :)

Would importing be an option? I dunno how strict they are in Turkey about that sort of thing...

also what voltages do you use and at what hertz??

Do you need the dvd player to play cd's well?? If so I would recommend the Limit 800se/900se. Look at Limits web site.

Importing can't be an option since they regulate quite high tax for electronics here :/

220 volts.

I'm planning to listen to CDs from DVD Player.

Thanks again :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom