Need help picking tv

Anthony999

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi need help, I'm looking to buy a 4K tv with HDR, I'm wanting a 49inch under £1000 for watching films, Netflix, terrestrial tv and for new Xbox 1s. Have seen great reviews for Sony xbr49x800d but can't find it for sale anywhere in uk, does anyone know uk equivalent and is it as good, also looking at samsung 49ku6500 and 49ku6100 but do they have HDR and are they any good for gaming, or does anyone have any other suggestions, thanks

I googled both Samsung's and quickly found they both have HDR. The Sony appears to be for the US market as all searches pointed to the US. Go to Richer Sounds and search for Sony. They all start with KD model numbers for the UK market.

Reading reviews is a good way of coming up with a shortlist and then visit a local stockist and make a decision after viewing them. Take your own media if it helps.

The UK equivalent is the KD49XD8077/88/99 (77 is silver, the 88 and 99 are black and the same except different colour stands). Also worth a look is the KD49XD8305 (exclusive to Sony Centres and John Lewis I believe). It has better motion and better colour reproduction

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom