Need Help Picking my Next Gaming Platform.

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by karyuudan, Jul 11, 2015.

1. karyuudan

karyuudan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey , sup guys. So.. I'm in a dilemma and i need you guys help. My wife said she would buy me anything i want for this Christmas , but I can only pick one. PS4 , XBONE or a gaming PC.

The problem is that I'm really lost. I know all the specs about the consoles and technical stuff , the gaming PC would have REALLY good specs too. My problem is... the games , and the regret of having it pick wrong.

So here is my story , I'm 27 years now and I'm a personal trainer and gym instructor. I play video-games since i was 5 and had an atari 2600. I had more than 10 consoles over the years and I basically like to play all genres expect Racing games. The genres I like most are RPG's ( any kind , jrpg , turbased rpg , action rpg...) and samurai games / martial arts games ( yakuza , way of the samurai , samurai warriors , dynasty warriors , romance of the three kingdoms , bushido blade , tenchu..)

So i'm really thorn apart in what game platform to pick , I missed some good games since I didn't own a PS3 , like way of the samurai 4 ,yakuza and some JRPGs. My last gaming console was a 360 so i have my account with more than 200k points , i would pick a xbone if they had more rpg games though , but ps4 have more options for rpgs then xbone. And finally an awesome gaming PC , which i know i would be able to play any game on ultra , plus mods , but i'm afraid to miss some games if they decide not to release for PC.

I know it's a long post and I'm sorry for it , but do you guys have any advice's in what to do ? Thank you all in advance.

2. TB303

TB303

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Well, a good gaming PC would be close to £1,000 - at least £800, assuming you can build it yourself - so double any console, perhaps that's a consideration?

PS
    I'm a PC gamer and will probably get a PS4 soon - for the kids etc.

3. karyuudan

karyuudan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes i will build it with I7 , nvidia geforce GTX 980 and 16gb.
    I'm just a little afraid of missing good console exclusives.

4. zt1903

zt1903
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,478
    Based on the games you like the PS4 is hitting a sweet spot with games out and games coming e.g. Dynasty Warriors 8, Samurai Warriors 4, Yakuza Ishin. There's plenty RPGs out and the JRPGs have started to come as well.

You can get a £329 bundle on the new 1Tb version with PlayStation TV, Destiny, Ultra Streetfighter IV and 90 days plus on Amazon today.

PS4 1TB, PlayStation TV and Destiny: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

I would expect to see sub £300 bundles as we head into the holiday season.

5. iwb100

iwb100
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,225
    Choice between PS4 and PC. Xbox One doesn't seem to fit the gaming profile you have.

In terms of missing out on exclusives that can happen either way. There will be PC games that don't make console, either immediately or ever.

Depends on what you want to spend really. As posted above there are some mighty tempting PS4 deals around and they will likely just get cheaper with time....