Need Help picking a projector

greedustv

Novice Member
Reaction score
I am in need of new projectors but im not sure what to get it is for commercial use in a bar/restaurant but the areas have a lot of ambient light and are rather bright during the day so i need a projector that can work with that and can overcome the brightness of the room also need to keep a reasonable price as i am looking to get 5 of them

My setup info

Maximum Budget: looking around $1000.00 to $1500.00 each at the most

Screen Size: 105 inch

Distance from the back wall or preferred mounting position to screen wall: around 12-13 feet from screen

Seating distance to screen: open area

How will you mount (ceiling, rear shelf, table)? ceiling mounted

Usage (Movies, TV, Games, Sports, etc): sports , tv

Room Type (Dedicated, Mixed use, Living room): Mixed Use

Light (Ambient, through lighting, or light leakage from windows): Lots of windows and ambient light in the day time

Room Colors (Walls, Ceiling, and Floors): white / grey

I am in need of new projectors but im not sure what to get it is for commercial use in a bar/restaurant but the areas have a lot of ambient light and are rather bright during the day so i need a projector that can work with that and can overcome the brightness of the room also need to keep a reasonable price as i am looking to get 5 of them

My setup info

Maximum Budget: looking around $1000.00 to $1500.00 each at the most

Screen Size: 105 inch

Distance from the back wall or preferred mounting position to screen wall: around 12-13 feet from screen

Seating distance to screen: open area

How will you mount (ceiling, rear shelf, table)? ceiling mounted

Usage (Movies, TV, Games, Sports, etc): sports , tv

Room Type (Dedicated, Mixed use, Living room): Mixed Use

Light (Ambient, through lighting, or light leakage from windows): Lots of windows and ambient light in the day time

Room Colors (Walls, Ceiling, and Floors): white / grey

You can take some pictures, but that does not sound like a proper environment for a projector. It doesn't matter how many lumens the projector has, the image will still look washed out.

I highly recommend TVs.

A 105 inch tv x 5 ??? Hardly an option.

You need projectors with very high lumen output. You don’t need a home cinema projector as they’re designed for a different environment and use to yours.

Have a look at some office data projectors. Look for high lumen output. I would start looking at 3000 lumen upwards. They can be found from £400 upwards.

Also give serious thought to the screen you are projecting onto. Ambient Light Reflective screens may well be where you need to spend the money to get a decent image in such a bright environment.

A 105 inch tv x 5 ??? Hardly an option.

You need projectors with very high lumen output. You don’t need a home cinema projector as they’re designed for a different environment and use to yours.

Have a look at some office data projectors. Look for high lumen output. I would start looking at 3000 lumen upwards. They can be found from £400 upwards.

Also give serious thought to the screen you are projecting onto. Ambient Light Reflective screens may well be where you need to spend the money to get a decent image in such a bright environment.

While it's not clear what the projection environment is, OP noted it has lots of ambient light.

Five 85" TV's would do much better. It does not matter how many lumens the projector has or what type of screen.

Do you have a an ALR screen? I do. It won't work because even a bright image will get washed out if ambient light is too high. OP noted movies and TV as use, which are not bright, quite the opposite, most are dark. And you can't do dark pictures with a projector and ambient light.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom