Need Help Packing and Shipping HP LaserJet 4600n

bym007

Banned
Hi,

I have a second hand HP Color Laserjet 4600n to sell. I am thinking ebay to flog it, so need to plan the shipping first.

I do not have the original box, so wondering how can I ship it securely and cheaply.

The printer dimenshions are

height 566 mm 22.30 inches
width 456 mm 17.97 inches
depth 488 mm 18.91 inches

weight 36.3 kg

Can someone also suggest an economical shipping solution for this kind of weight and dimensions?

Any help would be great..

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
I'd forget shipping it. Anything over 30kg is deemed a two man lift with the associated costs. Plus the chances of it arriving in one piece are pretty slim, even assuming you remove all the consumables & pack them separately. Even if it should survive it will almost certainly have print quality issues due to the inevitable leaked toner moving around laser lenses & mirrors.

The good news is that your location shouldn't be too much of an issue for listing it as collection only. Maybe even have a go on the classifieds here first?

You may even find it's worth more as parts to one of the used spares sellers. Do a Google search for 4600n spares & see if anyone reasonably local shows up.

nheather

Distinguished Member
Using Parcel2Go online quote gives the cheapest as £70!!!

Reckon you should try and sell as local collection - either advertise here with that requirement and see what happens or something like fridayad or exchange and mart.

Cheers,

Nigel

bym007

Banned
Hmm, £70 shipping is definitely a no-no! I will think over it tonight!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom