Question Need help on upgrading from my 2012 series 8 Samsung?

laverton

Novice Member
Hi.

My first question is, are current LED TV's in general superior to my 2012 Samsung with hd sources?

I like the picture on my ES8000 but really want a 65" screen.My budget is £1500.I've been doing some research over the last few weeks and was considering the Sony XF9005 for £1499 but when I had a look at one in a very bright currys showroom it didn't look any better than cheaper Panasonic & LG TV's around it (The LG was £729).Are there any other sets I should consider at this price?

Laverton.

Dodgexander

My first question is, are current LED TV's in general superior to my 2012 Samsung with hd sources?
Not really. Depending how close you view a good quality HD source may look better but generally most HD sources such as HD TV will look worse on a larger, UHD TV. The more upscaling that has to be done, the more softer it will look.

Only look to a new, larger UHD model if you also have the sources to back it up, good quality FHD Blu-Rays would be acceptable, the likes of Amazon/Netflix/Apple TV in HD or up are recommended as would be a HDR games console or the pinnacle of quality, UHD Blu-Rays.

Broadcast TV by comparison isn't very good quality anymore, even HD. You will find HD TV "acceptable" on a UHD model, just not as sharp as on a FHD TV like your Samsung. Anything non-HD like catchup TV and non-HD TV will look very poor by comparison.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom