Need help on Sony SA-VE 750 and PS2

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bunbenho, Feb 5, 2002.

Tags:
  1. bunbenho

bunbenho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought the surround sound speakers, SONY SAVE 750

i have a choice to invest on amplifiers or Sony DVP-NS400D dvd player, to create Home Theatre Experiences.

As i am pretty new to all of these, any suggestions will be greatly needed.

PS. one more thing, i got a PS2 as well, has anyone try to connect it with the Sony -NS499d DVD player, is that possiable, i heard it is possiable from someone.....

Regards

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A dvd player cannot give you a home cinema experiance by itself.

You will get improved picture quality but the sound will still be routed via the tv using your tv audio giving you the best which your tv can offer.

To get DD5.1/DTS, or higher, audio you will need to get an amp or receiver and speakers in addition to the dvd player.

The PS2 cannot be connected to the DVD player but you already have a thread on that in the games forum.

3. bunbenho

bunbenho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    One articale state:
    "On the whole, this is a cracking little DVD player that even includes a 5.1-channel Dolby Digital decoder plus auxiliary stereo analogue outputs for connection to a TV "

Does that mean no amp is needed?:p

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    An amp is still needed.

Some dvd players include DD5.1/DTS onboard decoding to allow the audio to be piped to older DPL amps with 6 channel inputs. Unless you have an old DPL with 6 channel inputs, onboard decoding is a complete waste of time and money for you.