NEED HELP ON NEW AMPLIFIER

Amckenzie38

Novice Member
Hi guys,

my current setup is an arcade alpha 8 amp and power amp. my turntable is a project debut iii and my speakers are some £50 Cambridge audio ones which I have bi-wired. However I am getting my dads old EPOS M22 floorstanders which are certainly an upgrade.

I was just wondering what is should upgrade next to get the best sound of these new speakers. Im not sure if I will need a bigger amplifier with a higher power output to power the speakers? Any recommendations on a new amplifier, I don't mind buying second hand and im looking for something under £500.

dollag

the epos m22 are a 6ohm speaker with a 87db sensitivity. Im sure the alpha 8 will be fine as long as you aint pushing loud volumes.

Your room size will also play a key role.

As for an upgrade, there are a fair few amps to choose from, especially if you are open to the second hand market. obvious choice if you like arcam would be to go for an a38 or a39 but are getting getting on in age. their newer stuff is out of budget.

Personally i'd look at what roksan, rega, cambridge audio and creek audio have around your top budget. all will handle the epos imo.

Amckenzie38

Novice Member
hiya, thanks for your reply. I'll have a look on eBay/Facebook marketplace now. could you recommend me any models of those brands in particular, thanks.

dollag

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom