Need help on first projector

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jumpingbob, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Jumpingbob

Jumpingbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey everyone, im new here and new to projectors and I need help deciding what kind is the best since I have no experiance. I want to get a used projector from eBay and put it in my dorm room, we usually watch a good 1-2 movies a night with everyone on the floor so I think its a sound investment. I dont want to spend too much however Id like a good image so I was thinking DLP. I only would like to spend 300-450 or so on eBay, and I dont need the best of the best, although I would like a computer connector on it along with RCA/S-vid. I have between 6-14ft of distance to work with so its going to be pretty close.

Any suggestions of common ones that might be on ebay that fit this criteria? Thanks!

Ben

2. Dean

Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    I got a second hand Panasonic PT-AE100 for a second system for £350 (was £1500 when first released) - for the price its excellent and will give the inputs your after. Also have a look for second hand Sanyo's as they seem to be good too. These projectors are not DLP though and I doubt you'd find a DLP for that price as they are still relatively expensive.

3. Jumpingbob

Jumpingbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the recommendations. That price is still a bit high, I can do without perfection in this obviously, so one with less features, being less bright, or not having HDTV would be great anyway. I really cant spend more than 400 some on this at the max. Is the Sharp XG-E690U any good? *still scanning ebay daily*

Thanks!

Ben